1. What is your biggest fear?
2. What is your first thought when you wake up in the morning?
3. Who do you trust and why?
4. When was the last time you were really angry?
5. What are you looking forward to?
6. Who is on your mind?
7. Name your top ten worries and write about your least favorite.
8. Describe the friend you enjoy spending time with the most.
9. What aspect of your childhood do you miss the most?
10. When was the last time you had your favorite meal.
11. What injustice in the world bothers you the most?
12. How much do you think about other people’s opinions of you? What do you fear they are thinking? Do you think they care what you think?
13. What is your most favorite thing about your significant other or closest family member and what’s your least favorite thing?
14. Describe your perfect day in nature.
15. How much money would you need to be comfortable?
16. What do you hope people will say about you when you are gone?
17. What was your last big fight about?
18. Who usually disagrees with you and why.
19. Who do you judge? Who judges you?
20. What do you hope for your future?
From weekly stories:
1. What details do you leave out?
2. As quick as you can, finish the following phrase. Repeat FIFTEEN TIMES:
I wish ____________. Finish with this last one:
I most especially wish _______________.
3. When the pandemic knocks you down, how do you get yourself back on track?
4. What are you grateful for today?
5. Explore a memory. What lingers with you the most? How has this experience changed you? How are you seeing your resilience through this experience? Who do you wish you could share it with? (It’s okay if it’s just for you.)
6. What are you looking forward to?
7. How are you fostering gender equality in your home?
8. What family/friend drama are you navigating? How can you take care of yourself?
9.What is holding you back from sharing your true self with others? If you don’t hide yourself, what is it about your character that saved you?
10. What is your why? What helps you get inspired and motivated to achieve your goals?
11. Are there taboo subjects you don’t like to talk about? What would happen if you did?
12. What is your tendency (See Gretchen Rubin’s Tendencies: Upholder, Obliger, Questioner or Rebel)? What do you need to do to motivate yourself?
13. What keeps your relationships healthy? What keeps your relationship with yourself healthy?
14. Do you have a friend who restores your faith in humanity? What do you credit with their positive outlook?
15. How do you get yourself out of a funk? Does it always work? Why or why not?
16. Who do you talk politics and social justice issues with? Does it make you uncomfortable? Why or why not?
17. Are you aware of your inner dialogue? How do you think it has affected how you feel about your life?
18. What will you take a chance on today?
19. What’s underneath the surface story that everyone knows about you? And what’s under that one? Or are you one of those unicorns who fully inhabits yourself without need of any false selves? Write about it!
20. Who are the five people you spend the most time with? What is the prevailing attitude of each of you? Have you grown similar over the years? If so, how? If not, why not?